We realize that living with or caring for an individual with a chronic condition can be overwhelming. For that reason, Doc On Alert is committed to easing the stress of symptoms from chronic conditions as well as caring for someone with a chronic or degenerative disorder.
EXCEPTIONAL HOME BASED HEALTH CARE SERVICES FOR CHRONIC ILLNESS AND AGED PEOPLE
With a mission to provide exceptional home-based health care services to your door steps, it is our daily goal to provide the highest quality of patient care with respect, integrity, compassion and professionalism in our work ethics
Doc On Alert specializes in care for people of all ages living with chronic health conditions. Doc On Alert develop specific skills to care for individuals whose condition may require assistance with daily life activities such as bathing, personal hygiene care, healthy menu planning, and meal preparation. Transportation services get clients to and from healthcare appointments, grocery shopping, and social outings.
For individuals assessed as being unable to perform independently and without caregiver or other community support options that may provide this assistance:
- Household maintenance and laundry.
- Meal preparation
- Personal hygiene care
- Healthy menu planning
- Creating grocery lists
- Educating clients about their diet
- Supervising caregivers in proper meal preparation techniques
Doc On Alert can also assist with medication reminders and facilitate adherence to prescribed medication or other therapies. The focus of care is to strengthen overall well-being with a customized plan of care that focuses on more than just a person’s condition. The care is centered around the individual and their schedule.
Each service has unique eligibility criteria:
- Nursing services (teaching, health promotion, wound care, medication administration) usually by order of a Physician/Nurse Practitioner.
- Dietitian assessment and intervention for clients who may be home-bound and/or not appropriate for clinic services.
- Diabetic assessment and intervention for clients who may be home-bound and/or not appropriate for clinic services.
We work to support those living with conditions such as:
- ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
- Alzheimer’s care
- Compromised immune system
- Developmental disabilities
- Heart disease
- Lung disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
For individuals assessed as requiring 24 hour support/supervision due to cognitive and/or functional needs:
- Direct service staff may be scheduled to provide short periods of in-home respite to allow caregivers to attend to work or school activities, and also for general relief.
- Facility Based Respite Care – respite care may be arranged to provide longer periods of relief. A client may be admitted to a Personal Care Home or hospital for a period of time. There is a fee for this service.
Provide medical and non-medical training
We offer trainings on
- Standard operation procedures of home based health care
- Specific Nursing care
- General care and support
- Cooking supported by nutritionist
How Do I Pay for Home Care?
When deciding on home care for yourself or someone you love, it is important to consider and plan for the associated financial costs. Typically, the cost of using a home care company such as Doc On Alert depends on how many hours of assistance are needed, if there is a need for any special services, or if a serious health condition exists.
The cost of services is different for each client based on those factors, but you can learn more about the average cost of home care in specific areas by clicking here.
If you or someone you care for is living with a chronic health condition and need a team of experts to assist with maintaining independence and quality of life, we are your long-term care partners. Contact us today for more information.
Our Service Options
We use the latest technology; coupled with caring hands, to ensure that our patients and clients get professional assistance while maintaining their independence.
We give equal opportunity to both our clients and healthcare service providers. We do not discriminate the delivery of services or employment opportunities based on color, nationality, race, sex, age or religious affiliation.
It is our daily goal to provide the highest quality of patient care with respect, integrity, compassion and professionalism in our work ethics. Your satisfaction is our utmost priority.