As children get older their needs can change. That’s why Calpol have created CALPOL® SIXPLUS™ Suspension. It’s formulated with over twice the strength of infant paracetamol to provide effective, soothing relief from pain and fever in children aged 6 and over and starts to work on fever in just 15 minutes without being harsh on the tummy.
Each pack comes with an easy dose syringe which helps when dispensing the correct dose of suspension. It relieves the symptoms of fever, cold and flu, teething, headache, toothache, earache, sore throat and other aches and pains. CONTAINS PARACETAMOL.
To view Calpol Six Plus Sugar Free Suspension Patient Information Leaflet Click Here
What can calpol six plus be used for?
- Calpol can be given to children for the following reasons:
- Relieving mild to moderate pain such as headache, toothache, teething, earache or sore throat.
- Reducing a high temperature (fever).
- Relieving aches, pains, fever and general discomfort associated with colds and flu or following childhood vaccinations.
How often can you give calpol Six Plus?
- Child’s Age: 6-8 years; How much – up to 4 times a day: 5 ml
- Child’s Age: 8-10 years; How much – up to 4 times a day: 7.5 ml (5 ml 2.5 ml)
- Child’s Age: 10-12 years; How much – up to 4 times a day: 10 ml (5 ml 5 ml)
- Child’s Age: 12-16 years; How much – up to 4 times a day: 10 – 15 ml (Two to three 5 ml doses)
It can be used in many conditions including headache, toothache, earache, sore throat, colds and influenza, aches and pains and post-immunisation fever. Adults and children over 16 years: 10 – 20 ml (Two to four 5 ml doses) up to 4 times a day. It is important to shake the bottle for at least 10 seconds before use.
Approved by Manjit Sond – Accuracy Checking Technician on the 21/12/2021. For more information, view our medical team