- Product Name : Nifedipine Tablets
- Trade Name: Nifelat, Depin, Adalat, Procardia
- Available Strength : 5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg
- Available Combination : Nifedipine + Atenolol tablet
- Packing : 10X10 Tablets/Box
- Pack Insert/Leaflet : Yes
- Therapeutic use : Cardiovascular Agent,Antihypertensive
- Production Capacity : 10 million tablet/month
What is Nifedipine?
Nifedipine Tablet is a medicine that is used for the treatment of High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain, Hypertension, Migraine, Uterine Relaxant and other conditions.
Nifedipine Tablet contains Nifedipine as an active ingredient.
Nifedipine Tablet works by widening the blood vessels to allow easy blood flow, which lowers the blood pressure and reduces chest pain.
Detailed information related to Nifedipine Tablet’s uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Nifedipine Tablet Uses
Nifedipine Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- High Blood Pressure
- Chest Pain
- Uterine Relaxant
Nifedipine Tablet Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Nifedipine Tablet improves the patient’s condition by performing the following functions:
- Widening the blood vessels to allow easy blood flow, which lowers the blood pressure and reduces chest pain.
Nifedipine Tablet – Composition and Active Ingredients
Nifedipine Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
Please note that this medicine may be available in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above.
Nifedipine Tablet – Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Nifedipine Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Swelling Of Ankles And Legs
- Blurring Of Vision
Nifedipine Tablet – Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Consult your doctor if any side effect occurs
- Do not consume medicine within 3 days of taking grapefruit or grapefruit juice
- Do not drive or operate machine as the drug can cause dizziness and drowsiness